Ready for life – realising potential, learning respect and taking responsibility
mission & vision
• Oxford Academy is committed to academic excellence through personalised learning for every student and careful attention is given to students’ individual learning styles and learning needs.
• Oxford Academy is a school where rigorous goal setting is linked to quality assessment of learning outcomes and a school where lessons are enjoyed and students are supported beyond the classroom in their journey to adulthood.
• Oxford academy is a school where students, staff, parents and the wider community share a close connection, are happy, challenged and rewarded.
• Oxford Academy is a school where we all have a voice within a culture that recognises each person’s individual ability.
• Oxford Academy is a school where we all have a strong sense of personal worth and where achievement is celebrated.
• Oxford Academy is a school where we all aspire to excel.
To be one of Kuwait’s leading and most inspiring international schools, providing a well-resourced, strongly academic, British based education.
Our philosophy is to provide an education in which seeks excellence from all – excellence for all.
who we are?
About Oxford SchoolThe Oxford Academy, established in 1991, follows the English Curriculum from Early Years through to the IGCSE, which the students sit in Years 10 and 11. Our student’s ongoing improvements in achieving results at the highest level is reflective of the commitment and teaching by well qualified staff in a caring, supportive and open environment. We not only focus on Academic improvement but also on our students social and personal development with respect for all playing a key role. Our students having achieved move onto numerous International establishments to further their education and career aspirations.
The Oxford School Library provides a wide variety of books for students to borrow for reading practice, information, and enjoyment. Your child’s class will visit the school library weekly to select books. You can help your child by reading to or with him/her and asking questions about the story. Encourage your child to spend time reading at home every day. We hope your child will read and enjoy many books and grow in reading skills while attending our school.
The hi-tech computer labs enable students the opportunity to develop their ICT skills and keeps them up-to-date with the latest technology. It also teaches the students computers as a subject and the integration of their computer skills in support of other subject areas in the curriculum.
The Oxford Academy is a certified member of the Cambridge International Examinations Centre for Cambridge Checkpoints and IGCSE exams and the AQA Examination group.
the curriculum is divided into five areas
|Section Of The School
|Age Of Students
|Key Stage 1
|Year 1 & Year 2
|Y2, KS1 SAT Test
|Key Stage 2
|Year 3, 4, 5, 6
|7, 8, 9, 10
|Y6, KS6 SAT Tests
|Key Stage 3
|Year 7, 8, 9
|11, 12, 13
|Y9, KS3 SAT Test
|Key Stage 4
|Year 10 & Year 11